Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Free Write

      What would happen if I found Gold In my Backyard

 
If I found gold,
I would be happier than ever.
I could stare at its glimmer,
Knowing my money problems are solved forever.
My parents would have no trouble with bills.
All of their material wishes could be fulfilled.
It would be a great blessing to find gold,
I would be set until I was old.
The money I found would be enough to buy a car,
with this all this gold I could travel far.
To Europe or Hawaii, a trip is a trip,
On an airplane, a helicopter, or a ship.
This whole experience would be joy,
To be able to buy any gift or toy.
However the gold is not the most important thing,
The real prize is the joy to others I bring.
The gold I found could help a good cause,
To give to children or a dog with no paws.
I could hire a man to be my guard,
This is what I could do if I found gold in my yard.
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Very Good free write! I lIked the part when you said you would help a dog with no paws that made me laugh out loud! I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick,
    This poem was really good. The rhyme scheme in this poem was unbelievable! I really liked how you chose finding gold in your backyard. Some of your rhymes were funny. Good job on your Free Write Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your free write! When you said "My parents would have no trouble with bills," that was creative and funny. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete